10-Man Leicester City Scores Late Equalizer To Get A 2-2 Home Draw

Leicester City were lucky to get a 2-2 draw after a late equalizer gotten through penalty kick gave them an all important one point in their match against West Ham.

Ranieri men took the lead in the 18′ minutes of play in the first half, when Vardy scored the opener through a counter-attack which put the home side on the drivers seat, giving them an opportunity to probably end the game as usual an earn the maximum three points.

leicester 2

Ulloa celebrates late equalizer goal

However, things went sour for the home side, when Vardy was shown a red card, after getting a second yellow card for diving when he clashed with Angelo Ogbonna early in the second half.

West Ham took advantage of 10-man Leicester City and attacked the home side, the attack soon paid off and this got the visitors an equalizer, mounting more pressure on Ranieri men.

Referee John Moss made things worse for the home side, when he awarded a controversial penalty to the visitors with barely six minutes to go, and Andy Carroll converted the spot-kick into a goal for the visitors. This decision made him unpopular and the home fans were not happy with it.

The visitors were already celebrating their three points, when suddenly the referee awarded the second penalty of the match to the home side at injury time, after Carroll made a body contact with Jeff Schlupp in the 18-yard box. Ulloa converted the kick into a goal, making the home side to equalize a few seconds before the referee blasted the final whistle.

There was tension after end of match, as players from both teams gathered round the referee, but he was escorted out of the field by stewards who ensured his safety. But Moss eventually became unpopular to fans of both teams, for the infamous decisions he made in the second half.

Share this:
Facebook Comments
Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Security Check *