The management of Arsenal have renewed the contract of French man Arsene Wenger, the decision being the best and of course in the interest of the club. It is however important we look through this past 21 years and see how well the club have done.
Arsenal have had a consistent stay in the top four since Wenger took over the club in 1996 and have dropped for the first time since then in 2017, but it becomes important we look at Arsenal against the five clubs that would represent England next season in the champions league and how they are rated.
The five clubs to be rated and compared against Arsenal are Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Tottenham.
The analysis have limited its study only to the performances in the premier league, and have not considered performance at the FA Cup or European championships.
CLUB SCORES AND RATING FOR FINISHING TOP FOUR IN THE LAST 21 YEARS
- Manchester United: 84%
- Arsenal FC: 71%
- Chelsea : 54%
- Manchester City: 36%
- Liverpool: 36%
- Tottenham: 16%
HOW MANY TIMES DID EACH OF THE CLUBS FINISHED TOP FOUR IN THE LAST 21 YEARS
- Arsenal : 20 times
- Manchester United: 18 times
- Chelsea: 15 times
- Liverpool :12 times
- Manchester City: 7 times
- Tottenham: 4 times
HOW MANY PREMIER LEAGUE TITLES DID EACH CLUB WIN IN THE LAST 21 YEARS
- Manchester United: 10 Premier Leagues
- Chelsea : 5 Premier Leagues
- Arsenal : 3 Premier Leagues
- Manchester City: 2 Premier Leagues
- Liverpool :0 Premier Leagues
- Tottenham:0 Premier Leagues
FACTS FROM THE ABOVE ANALYSIS
- Arsenal may have finished top the most in the last 21 years, but they have not put more effort in winning the premier league title compared to clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City who have made winning the title their targets.
- Liverpool have failed to win the premier league title in the last 21 years, despite winning it a total of 18 times before the arrival of Wenger.
- Tottenham may not have won the premier league in the last 21 years, but there is a build-up towards achieving the feat in the next five years.
- The five clubs Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham are major threats towards Arsenal ever winning the premier league in Wenger’s two years contract.