- Atletico Madrid progressed to the final after their 100th tie in Europe’s leading club competition.
- Antoine Griezmann is Atletico Madrid’s top scorer in Champions League history with nine goals.
- Thomas Muller has missed his past two penalties in the Champions League, scoring seven out of 10 in the tournament.
- Jan Oblak has saved two of the three penalties he has faced as Atletico Madrid’s keeper in all competitions.
- All six of Xabi Alonso’s goals for Bayern have been scored from outside the 18-yard box.
- Alonso’s goal was the first Atletico had conceded in 632 minutes in any competition.
- Only Cristiano Ronaldo (10) has more goals in the Champions League semi-finals than Robert Lewandowski (six).
- Pep Guardiola has been knocked out in the three Champions League semi-finals by Spanish teams while in Bayern.
- The win of Bayern against Atletico may not have made the team progress, but it is Bayern’s 12th successive Bayern’s home win in the Champions League