As the draw of the semifinal encounter between Manchester City and Real Madrid are out, we do a preview meetings of both teams in the champions league, giving you a critical view of what the chances which could influence the progress of both teams to the final stage.
- Both teams have met on two occasions in the group stage of the 2012/2013 champions league where Madrid eventually finished top of the table
- Real Madrid beat Manchester City 3-2 in Spain, and played a 1-1 draw when they went to England for the second leg of the clash
- Real Madrid have appeared in the semifinal 27th times, while Manchester City are coming to the semifinal for the very first time in history;
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last eight games against any English club, and have won three of their last encounters with English teams;
- Manchester City have only been successful with Spanish teams on two occasions in this season when they beat Sevilla 2-1 (home) and 3-1 (away), their last four meetings with Barcelona all went in favour of the catalans
- Madrid’s record at home with English clubs is W-7, D-5, L-2, while City’s record is W-2,D-1,L-6